ENROLLING IN A GENERATIONS MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN
The Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 – December 7)
- Switch, drop or join a Medicare Advantage plan
Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (January 1 – February 14)
- For Medicare Advantage plans, you can leave your plan and switch to Original Medicare
- If you switch to Original Medicare, you can sign up for a standalone Prescription Drug Plan until February 14
- During this period you cannot do the following:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Are you new to Medicare?
- Have you recently moved outside of the service area for your current plan or have you recently moved and this plan is a new option for you?
- Have you recently been released from incarceration?
- Have you recently returned to the United States after living permanently outside of the U.S.?
- Have you recently obtained lawful presence status in the United States?
- Do you have both Medicare and Medicaid or your state helps pay for your Medicare premiums?
- Do you get extra help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage?
- Do you no longer qualify for extra help paying for your Medicare prescription drugs?
- Are you moving into, live in, or recently moved out of a Long-Term Care Facility (for example, a nursing home or longer term care facility)?
- Have you recently left a PACE program?
- Have you recently involuntarily lost your credible prescription drug coverage (coverage as good as Medicare's)?
- Are you leaving employer or union coverage?
- Do you belong to a pharmacy assistance program provided in your state?
- Is your plan ending its contract with Medicare, or Medicare is ending its contract with your plan?
- Were you enrolled in a Special Needs Plan (SNP) but have lost the special needs qualification to be enrolled in that plan?
To enroll, a Medicare Beneficiary needs to have with them the following information:
- First and last name as it appears on your Medicare card
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Permanent address
- Medicare Card
You may enroll in Medicare Advantage plan three months before turning 65, the month you turn 65 and three months after the month you turn 65. You may also enroll during the annual open enrollment period from October 15 through December 7.
When can I change my Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
You may change PCP's anytime during the year by calling Customer Care.
When can I switch from another plan?
You may switch during the annual open enrollment period from October 15 through December 7.
When can I disenroll?
Medicare Advantage plan enrollees have an annual opportunity to disenroll from GlobalHealth and return to Original Medicare between January 1 and February 14 of every year.
What will I receive when I enroll?
New members will receive a packet with the following:
- Welcome Letter
- Evidence Of Coverage (EOC)
- Provider/Pharmacy Directory Notice
- Comprehensive Formulary (Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans only)
- Advance Directive
- Star Rating
- Multi-Language Insert (already included in Evidence Of Coverage)
When do I receive my card?
You will receive your card within 10 days after your enrollment is confirmed.