ENROLLING IN A GENERATIONS MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN
The Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 – December 7)
- Switch, drop or join a Medicare Advantage plan
Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (January 1 – February 14)
- For Medicare Advantage plans, you can leave your plan and switch to Original Medicare
- If you switch to Original Medicare, you can sign up for a standalone Prescription Drug Plan until February 14
- During this period you cannot do the following:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Have you recently moved and are new to Medicare?
- Are you currently receiving Extra Help with your healthcare costs?
- Do you no longer qualify for Extra Help with your healthcare costs?
- Have you recently left a PACE program (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly)?
- Are you leaving employer or union coverage?
- Do you live in a long-term care facility?
- Will you be moving into a long-term care facility?
- Have you recently moved out of a long-term care facility?
To enroll, a Medicare Beneficiary needs to have with them the following information:
- First and last name as it appears on your Medicare card
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Permanent address
- Medicare Card
You may enroll in Medicare Advantage plan three months before turning 65, the month you turn 65 and three months after the month you turn 65. You may also enroll during the annual open enrollment period from October 15 through December 7.
When can I change my Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
You may change PCP's anytime during the year by calling Customer Care.
When can I switch from another plan?
You may switch during the annual open enrollment period from October 15 through December 7.
When can I disenroll?
Medicare Advantage plan enrollees have an annual opportunity to disenroll from GlobalHealth and return to Original Medicare between January 1 and February 14 of every year.
What will I receive when I enroll?
New members will receive a packet with the following:
- Welcome Letter
- Evidence Of Coverage (EOC)
- Provider/Pharmacy Directory Notice
- Comprehensive Formulary (Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans only)
- Advance Directive
- Star Rating
- Multi-Language Insert (already included in Evidence Of Coverage)
When do I receive my card?
You will receive your card within 10 days after your enrollment is confirmed.